Tuesday, October 13, 2009

T.V.

Mr. Energy, as I like to refer to my autistic boy really doesn't like to watch television, except for a few movies that he really, really, really likes.

One expert warned us that if we weren't careful he would be much more likely to sit and watch T.V. for hours on end than the rest of our kids. So far this has played out completely the opposite. While the other kids sit glued to a show he will be bouncing from place to place and room to room gladly ignoring the show.

I am still unsure if this is a good thing or not. On the one hand yes I am glad that he will not be turning into a couch potatoe anytime soon. On the other hand it means that I can't just pop in a DVD and go and work on whatever I think I need to work on for a few minutes without worry. Those little parenting breaks are something that I need in order to keep my sanity, but they come only very intermittently with Mr. Energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment