Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Merry Go Round


A lot of parks these days no longer have any fun toys for the kids to play on. Mostly you will find a plastic play structure with a broken slide and barkdust covering an old parking lot. Better than nothing, but still not as cool as a merry go round.

All of my kids really love the merry go round, but when I want to calm Mr. Energy down this is where I take him. That's him there in the green hat. He loves to ride the merry go round. He will stay on it for an hour at a time, even if it isn't moving.

But he really loves when it spins just as fast as I can get it spinning. He just stands there and smiles and giggles and laughs. The other kids all eventually get dizzy and threaten to puke if I don't stop it but he just laughs and wants more.

I don't know why he loves it so much, but it makes for an easier afternoon when he gets his merry-go-round fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment